Want to know what some of the most famous minds in the art and advertising world have to say about marketing? By sifting through a number of quotes from these icons, we have compiled a list of marketing secrets. Here, we will talk about what they have to say about things you should and should not do in marketing. We will also talk about their views on being creative. Lastly, we will guide you through their beliefs about the importance of simplicity in marketing.
Dos and Don’ts
Here are just a few dos and don’ts that the experts recommend:
- Do not print anything you are embarrassed of.
- Make your product a solution and sell that solution, not the product itself.
- Do surround yourself with people who are smarter than you are.
- Help you employees to understand what your brand is, your marketing tactics, and what your brand stands for.
- Do advertise. Not advertising will keep your customers in the dark about what you have to offer.
- Sell the most positive aspects of your brand and your products to customers.
- Change up your marketing ideas when you have hit a slump.
- Do tell the truth.
There are a million quotes on creativity out there. Creativity is, at its base, finding interesting and unexpected solutions to problems. It is making connections in new ways. Often times, we cannot pinpoint where being creative comes form. But we know it when we see it, so to speak. Being creative can be an arduous task, this is true. Do not expect it to always come easily. But with a bit of chaos to help your creative process along, and the great people we mentioned above, you can do a pretty good job at being creative. Remember that change can serve as a catalyst for creativity, as well.
A Word on Simplicity
How important is simplicity in marketing? It is everything. One way to get a great ad is to take things away, then take something else away, then eliminate something else. Whittle it down to the bare necessities. This is also true for any text included with your campaign. Following these rules will give you a marketing campaign that exemplifies a sophisticated simplicity, not anything that seems lacking. Just know that even the best ideas can sometimes set their creators on edge. This just means you are on to something great.