Success doesn’t come from thin air. It comes from learning, growing, and exploring. It is a process that never really stops. There are numerous books which have plenty of unexplored value if you make the time to read them. Look for these titles specifically at the library, bookstore, or entrepreneurial seminar.
1. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins.
2. True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership by Bill George.
3. The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki.
4. Ignore Everybody and 39 Other Keys to Creativity by Hugh MacLeod.
5. Eat That Frog! by Brian Tracy.
6. Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman.
7. 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.
8. The Art of the Sale by Philip Delves Broughton
9. K2: The Ultimate Peak by Khoo Swee Chiow
As you can see, there is a good mix of experiences from which to draw upon in this series of 9 books. Some will help entrepreneurs become inspired to follow their passion. Others give practical advice on how to turn an idea into a business venture. There are profiles of courage, advice about establishing habits that can lead to success, and where you can follow your creativity.
It is also important to remember that being an entrepreneur means you’re on a journey. How you react to the challenges of such a journey is just as important as the initial idea that helped you get started in the first place. There have been others who have gone before that have encountered similar challenges, defeated them, and then told their story. These experiences are invaluable, even if they fall outside of the general scope of what you might be pursuing right now.
There is also one common thread that can be found in these books: the art of convincing people is dead when it comes to modern sales. People demand value. They demand authenticity. They want your brand to become part of their lives, but only if you’re deemed worthy enough. Whether you’re climbing a mountain, starting a crowdfunding campaign, or trying to get a startup off the ground, pick up these books and give them a read.
You’ll be glad you did.
Strong proponent of individual liberty and free speech. My goal is to present information that expands our awareness of crucial issues and exposes the manufactured illusion of freedom that we are sold in America. Question everything because nothing is what it seems.